High Risk Infant Glossary and Common Terms
We understand you may encounter some unfamiliar terms during appointments or while exploring treatment options for your child. Use this glossary for definitions and abbreviations of common terms.
- Adjusted Age or Corrected Age
- BAER - Brainstem Auditory Evoked Response
- CP - Cerebral Palsy
- MAI - Movement Assessment Index of Infant
- Bayley Test - Bayley Scales of Infant and Toddler Development. Used to measure mental and motor development and test behavior of children from 12 to 42 months of age.
- IVH - Intraventricular hemorrhage
- ECMO - Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation
- GA - Gestational age
- CLD - Chronic lung disease
- HIE - Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy
- INO - Inhaled Nitric Oxide
- MRI - Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- PVL - Periventricular Leukomalacia
- VER - Visual Evoked Response